MK Playday in 2017 featured lots of exciting activities, it coincided with Milton Keynes’ MK50 celebrations our aim is to provide at least 50 different activities for children on the day.
Please see below for what’s planned for 2019
Once again, the MKC cycling team will be providing lots of cycling activities:
- The ever popular Shoretrax cycle track
- Balance bike training and games for those children who can’t ride yet – bikes provided or bring your own.
- Bike Register – get your bike security marked with a special code or sticker so if it is stolen and then recovered by the police, your bike can be quickly and easily returned to you.
- Dr Bike provided by Evans Cycles to help fix your bike or give it a free tune-up if needed – checking brakes, pumping up tyres and improving your gears. Bring your bike along.
- Cycle Saviours are bringing a ‘selection of unusual and adapted bikes’ including an old Raleigh, a Chopper, a Tandem and a Recumbent Cycle, available for people to try, some of these bikes are great for people with disabilities who are unable to ride a two-wheeled bicycle.
- Test ride a selection of Frog Bikes, provided by Rutland Cycles
- NEW for 2019! A secure cycle parking area. Bring your bikes and park them in to our secure cycle parking area so you can then wander around the rest of the event without them. Then just pick them up at the end!
Situated on the events plateau at the top of Campbell Park.
- MK Dons Set will be providing several sports to get involved with including football.
The nature area provides a great opportunity to learn more about the wildlife in the local area and features:
- Bug hunting with The Parks Trust Education Rangers
Thomas Emmett’s are providing dodgems and kids fair rides. Although 99% of Playday’s activities are free, the fun fair rides do require a small donation. These are still amazingly good value at just 50p per ride. These will be situated at the top of Campbell Park on the events plateau.
These rides are always popular and in high demand.
The mini cinema will be returning this year with 2 family films playing during the day,
Coco (PG) (110 minutes)
Moana (PG) (115 minutes)
Soft Play Area
The soft play area is perfect for younger kids and their families and will feature:
- Inflatable rings provided by Woughton Community Council Play Rangers
- Toy Library activities with the Pre-School Learning Alliance
- Obstacle course provided by the MKPA
The Woodland play zone will feature a range of practical woodland play activities such as den building.
Stay safe in your local parks with the games provided by The Park Trust Community Rangers as well as water safety demos from the Willen Lake staff who will be bringing along some of their kayaks.
The craft area will be the place to head for hands on crafts activities. Featuring activities and sessions led by MK Play Association. There will also be favourites such as face painting and creative sessions with MK Gallery.
There will be lots of other exciting activities and stalls at the event which are still to be confirmed. The Milton Keynes Play Association will also be returning with their ever popular waterslides, which are great fun for the kids especially if the weather is hot! Don’t forget to bring a towel and jumper so you don’t get cold after enjoying the waterslides.